Finally, amirite? I decided to stop procrastinating yesterday and drop the motor in.
This is somehow my first Miata engine install despite having owned like a dozen. I did the heater hoses while the engine was out.
Also discovered that one of the hard lines on my heater core was crushed. I hope this doesn’t become an issue, I really don’t feel like pulling another Miata dash, which I HAVE done before.
I took this picture just so I could easily look back at the firing order when this is tucked up under the dash and I can’t see it.
I initially decided to put the engine in with the mounts installed on the engine. This was a mistake.
After fighting it for about an hour and not being able to get the input shaft from the transmission corrected seated on the pilot bearing, I took the mounts off and it more or less dropped right in. Lesson learned.
Here’s how it sits now. I will finish it next week because it just needs exhaust and then everything reconnected. As soon as I can take it for a test drive I’ll start ordering some fun parts. I’m ready to get this project going.
This section will not be visible in live published website. Below are your current settings:
Current Number Of Columns are = 3
Expand Posts Area =
Gap/Space Between Posts = 15px
Blog Post Style = card
Use of custom card colors instead of default colors =
Blog Post Card Background Color = current color
Blog Post Card Shadow Color = current color
Blog Post Card Border Color = current color
Publish the website and visit your blog page to see the results